Every little step I take... Click HERE

(Listen to this song if you want an ear worm. I added this thanks to Shylah)

And don't forget to click the 'Follow me' button! I'd like to go straight to your morning email if you wouldn't mind some more errata...



Thursday, September 30, 2010

EGBOK = Everything's going to be ok... I'm just sayin'

Found myself stuck on the Colwood Crawl in the hot sun, waiting for road construction as these days, it is a single lane road, with enormous upgrades going on,  including tons of blasting. Fifteen minutes later, I was back on my way to Langford, my three hampers loaded to the max snugged in on the seat behind me.

The road is more chewed up than usual.


 Did my wash at the Langford laundromat. Found out her machines are a buck cheaper with nice folding tables. Got chewed out for cramming 7 loads into 4 dryers. Sue me.

The fountains and huge sign welcoming you to Langford are aweome. The work that was done there is crazy. A roundabout funnels traffic from the little strip mall and the main drag, there is a dancing water fountain in the middle of it, and speakers play top 10 70's tune, that the water dances to. The other neat thing about Langford is that this town has public wifi so I could play fairyland and wordscraper as I waited for the wash to dry.

Since I must go out to do laundry, I try to explore the town by learning whats nearby. I have yet to do the James Bay (nearby book store and thrift store) or Cook st(street food, shopping for groceries, sweet butcher shop, lots of coffee houses). The Langford one has a Starbucks, a couple of other coffee houses, a farmer's market on Saturday, a Cloth castle, and two thrift stores (one with a great book section) and now that I've found that my wash comes out about $15 cheaper there, I suspect that I'll be back.
Beautiful downtown Langford

    Farms on Island View Rd     
 A perfect sunset, as we detour to take some photos while we wait to connect with Shirley, who has promised us a pleasant repast as she house sits her dad's place while he's out of town for the week.

I love this quilt of a hill... with its rc planes overhead from the nearby field.

The stately Mount baker just 100 miles south. A dormant volcano!

Ron finds his hobby. The family has two photographers now.

The spiders are fat and sassy this fall. And everywhere.


Fat

Sassy

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!

Miles of 'em as far as the eye can see. Yummo!!

Speaking of yum, our friend Shirl the Pearl made Ron and I a lovely dinner, our first installment of 'dating Wednesdays'. Then before we knew it, it was time to head home.


Heading home... recognize where we are?


Funny how the divorce billboard precedes the injury claims billboard.
Leaving you with my fun experiment, taking pictures while deliberately jiggling the camera at night.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome - I think that photography saved my life as it gave me a reason to get out and rekindle my ability to slow down and appreciate the small things that are often overlooked as we rush about.

    Creativity replaces stress, anticipation replaces apathy and a joyous expectation of the next day replaces a dread of falling asleep.

    Beautiful images - both of my beloved west coast and of you and Ron. :)

    ReplyDelete