Every little step I take... Click HERE

(Listen to this song if you want an ear worm. I added this thanks to Shylah)

And don't forget to click the 'Follow me' button! I'd like to go straight to your morning email if you wouldn't mind some more errata...



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Water is sacred, hot plastic is not

The latest phenomena to fascinate me is the ability of water to change molecular structure depending on a variety of factors. Dr. Emoto studies water and has learned that water responds to emotion, anger, flattery, love, the sacred, laughter, tears. His tests show on youtube, that if you freeze water after its exposure to these different things, the crystals will be predictable.  Angry water crystallizes in chaotic weakness without symmetry. Super sacred water has extremely intricate crystalizations that fractal to the infinite.

My first introduction to the changeability of water was in a class called "Land as life" during the aquisition of my BA degree. We explored how human interaction for indigenous cultures interconnected with the sacred, and in that course, we were able to whale watch in high seas, take a trip in a war canoe, experience the honour of a dawn swim in a nearby lake, as well as discovering Dr. Emoto's inspiring research.

The idea of holy water is not new to the traditional western culture's churches, but I wonder if they ever knew that to bless the water, or pray over or into it, or set your intent by choosing how to interact with water, would actually have an effect on the shapes it can take on a molecular level ?

Which leads me to finding a beautiful clear glass jug of fresh water sparkling on the kitchen counter of my new home. My housemate and I were matched by a mutual friend recently because she saw similarities in our values and head space. When I first saw this jug, I remembered Dr. Emoto and I touched its soothing coolness with both hands as if to get a sense of if this water had been prayed over or not. Just for a lark. I knew that my conscientious housemate had understandings about many things. Imagine my delight when her voice came back to me from the other room where she was researching Pakistan, a surprised 'Yes!'

That moment was a key turning point for me. Knowing I had sanctuary where this gentle evolved soul would know that drinking blessed water was  the way to go, let me breath.

So we drink water that is always thanked for being sacred and vital. There is never a time, we don't stop in the refilling of the jug, just to ask the water for permission, to give thanks, to optimize its ability to nourish and rebalance whoever ingests it.

When we were making tea the other evening, I asked my housemate why we were blessing the water if we were boiling it in a plastic kettle. A few years old, it was showing a bit of wear and I was hesistant to use heated old plastic because of the issue of pthalates offgassing from plastics that are heated and cooled repeatedly. Pthalates are nasty things that seek fat/oil to attach to, stockpiling in our bodies, mimicking hornones and confusing our immune systems.

If you take a look around your house, you will see where plastic, old and new, will be heated and exposed to us. Your shower curtain, if it is plastic, gasses you as you stand in the steam. Plastic dishes, cups and bottles, all filled with hot contents, all react similarily. Even your plastic sex toys, hate to tell you.

Hospitals scald plastics every day and put fresh coffee in cups that smell like stale coffee and bleach them within an inch of their little lives. The kettle you boil water in, the coffeemaker's basket where the grounds are kept, these are all culprits for the transference of pthalates from their plastic hosts to our delicate bodies.

The toys that bob in your warm bath when you wash the kiddies, the plastic gel filled teething ring you boiled to protect baby, is now being gummed ferociously by a teething infant. Heat applied to plastics causes it to begin to disintegrate.

So be kind to the water you drink, and look at your life's patterns and see where plastics intersect with it. How can you eliminate exposure to its offgassing?

No comments:

Post a Comment