Every little step I take... Click HERE

(Listen to this song if you want an ear worm. I added this thanks to Shylah)

And don't forget to click the 'Follow me' button! I'd like to go straight to your morning email if you wouldn't mind some more errata...



Friday, October 8, 2010

The calm before the storm...

The weatherman says to hunker down tonight, that a big wind is whipping up and to expect a big storm hitting us with big gusts. Today, I gathered up picnic supplies, a thermos of hot coffee, some treasures in a basket and two lovely ladies, and we spent a few hours on the beach down at Saxe Point, the little beach that actually faces where we live. I can see it from our balcony. It was a bit cloudy, but the sun kept breaking through and the dapple of light was so enjoyable to discover things to photograph as it became spotlighted.

Tanis and Avona are friends of mine although they are much younger. Tanis has a bad cold and appreciated the distraction and Avona was happy to come along for the ride, meeting Tanis for the first time, a long standing connection I'm inspired to believe is a for sure for those two.

The view was beautiful, Tanis was happy just watching and meeting Avona and I enjoyed the serene calm cove, as it lapped up on the shore.

We laughed about our technology. Each with our own phones, the way of the world now, such that we all were constantly stopping our interactions with each other, to deal with an incoming text or phone call. When my camera said the disk was full. I pulled my netbook out of my purse, popped the tiny card from the camera, popped it into the netbook, erased a whole whack of stuff in the flick of a switch and was up and running with the camera in no time. That was great until I got the bright idea to put my ipod on its little speaker, playing some Massive Attack out there while we hung out. To find my ipod was c'est mort. Hmph. Technology. I 'didn't' have the white cord to recharge the ipod. grumble grumble

The following is a ponderance of the best shots of the day.

Enjoy~


Slugs amaze me, they are ethereal, beautiful and repulsive at the same time. Yet the closer you get to one, the more incredibly fractally cosmically alien they are, especially with their little eyes that go in and out. This one had four of those poky in and out things... a mutation maybe... * where's Mauldar and Skully when you need them?


You're a big boned girl!
Ma, bones don't jiggle. - Molly

Such delicate ferocity

This was the big picture, looking out. My balcony can see where we are and our apt bldg is hiding in the line of homes.

Random chance, a beautiful background for something...


She's my guardian angel... hovering in the shady brush, staying out of trouble...

Busy little ladybug, 19 spots.




Dazzling mushies kept dancing in front of us as we wandered up the path from the beach.


This is a great example of a spongiform.
The underside of this mushie looks like a sponge...



These were like little fallen nipples...

The beauty of fractal geometry in nature's curves...

Lotuslike petals ply for the sun's attention.

Bursts of life into the light...


The mint has bloomed, seeded and is now ready for the storm...
The winds will carry it's fruit to the four corners of Esquimalt...

Off to fill water bottles, find lighters, candles, prepare to hunker down.


No comments:

Post a Comment